This weekend is a very monumental weekend for me where the last 8 months...no i take that back 2 years of training are being applied. Its also like a reunion of sorts. So whats this weekend all about? Its my StrongFirst Level 2 certification weekend. 5 weeks ago I would have told you I was so stressed it was making me sick. Today is not the same! I am prepared! I am excited! I am ready!
So we (Mitchell has joined me) arrived in Chicago this morning around 10:30. We were able to check into our hotel early which was super nice! I really wanted to walk to The Dome, the cite where the certification would take place. So we did! Currently the Level 1 candidates were fine tuning the swing! 2 handed, single handed, and double swings! It was a glorious sight. Master Instructor Fabio Zonin was teaching the crew. So we sat and watched for a bit as I reminisced my days at my Level 1 certification. So much has changed since that day! Prior to my level 1 I had trained 1 person. I had observed and interned a lot! But I had one client. Since then I have had more then 100. I have become better! I have sought after advice from those more experienced then I and I have made a promise to myself and to my clients to constantly strive to be better.
I remember checking into my Level 1 and immediately sitting indian style. I was shy, nervous, and wondering if i had what it took to survive this crazy 3 day cert (let alone pass). To my surprise I did pass and it was the birth of a beautiful dream. I have sense made friends all over the country who have a passion for good movement and kettlebells. Its a beautiful community to be apart of.
So back to those current comrades attending their level 1! What I love about StrongFirst is the population it brings! Everyone is unique and everyone is strong. Its ok if you aren't below 15% body fat you are family, and you are there to learn! Its a beautiful site.
My major challenge to myself this weekend was to not be shy... those who know me well have a hard time picturing me being shy but it happens. Well, I can honestly say that today I have conquered this goal and it feels so good! I have already met 6 gentlemen and 1 lady in my hotel who are Level 2 candidates like myself.
And I had a little heart to heart talk with Master Dave Whitley and Mitchell.....for at least an hour! it was great and I'm thankful for his open encouragement and honesty. I know that no matter what the outcome this weekend brings I am where I am supposed to be! Motivated, encouraged, mentored, and ready.
Excited for tomorrow! What challenge did you overcome today?!?
PS. Do you like the new site?!?! Ive been saving it just for you!
- Jun 14, 2017 Craving Pizza? We Tested Two Healthy Alternatives and One Clearly Stole Our Taste Buds. Jun 14, 2017
- May 2017
- March 2017
- Feb 9, 2017 Whats Trending? Do you fall for it? Feb 9, 2017
- December 2016
- Nov 28, 2016 Will Strength Training Make Me Bulk? Nov 28, 2016
- Nov 21, 2016 No- Bake Protein Bites Nov 21, 2016
- Nov 14, 2016 Love Handles, Saddlebags, Flappy Arms- I just want to work on one area! Nov 14, 2016
- Sep 26, 2016 The Anxiety of Starting Something New. Sep 26, 2016
- Aug 23, 2016 I now know a life without aches and pains Aug 23, 2016
- Aug 16, 2016 The Garden Rocket Aug 16, 2016
- Aug 15, 2016 How was Shella's blood work affected by Amazing 12? Aug 15, 2016
- Aug 10, 2016 From Couch Potato to Something Fierce. Aug 10, 2016
- Aug 3, 2016 Erin's Transformation Aug 3, 2016
- Jul 26, 2016 StrongBody Challenge Jul 26, 2016
- Jul 26, 2016 Jul 26, 2016
- June 2016
- May 20, 2016 I get so excited over food! May 20, 2016
- May 13, 2016 Should You Cook Your Tomatoes? ~Nutrtition Nuggets~ May 13, 2016
- Apr 22, 2016 My digestive issues completely disappeared. Apr 22, 2016
- Apr 20, 2016 I had a trainer that had the know how to work with someone who has injuries and medical conditions. Apr 20, 2016
- Apr 18, 2016 She May Be Small But Now She's Mighty. Apr 18, 2016
- Apr 16, 2016 Adam lost total of 31 lbs in just 12 short weeks! He added 2 inches to his killer biceps and lost SIX inches along his waist and 6 along is hips! Apr 16, 2016
- Apr 15, 2016 A REAL LIFE TRANSFORMATION! This sums up my experience with Alydia Bryant, and the Amazing 12 program. Apr 15, 2016
- Apr 14, 2016 From Debilitating Back Pain to Amazing Strength Apr 14, 2016
- Mar 3, 2016 Pass Out, Throw Up, What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger. Mar 3, 2016
- February 2016
- Nov 5, 2015 Cilantro Lime Chicken and Rice~[Amazing 12 Compliant] Nov 5, 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- Jul 28, 2015 The Kettlebell Basics Jul 28, 2015
- June 2015
- May 24, 2015 ~Some Seasons~ May 24, 2015
- May 22, 2015 The Bottoms Up Squat and Single Leg Deadlift w/ a Step Back Lunge. May 22, 2015
- May 21, 2015 A family reunion of sorts-Two hands anyhow, windmill-bent press May 21, 2015
- May 21, 2015 How the Kettlebell has made me feel better, pain free and stronger. May 21, 2015
- May 19, 2015 Group Kettlebell Class! May 19, 2015
- May 18, 2015 Kettlebell Training 5/18 May 18, 2015
- May 11, 2015 Becoming Limitless~ The Dome of Strength May 11, 2015
- May 8, 2015 When you are where you are supposed to be. May 8, 2015
- May 4, 2015 Mrs. Thornton's Thai Soup! May 4, 2015
- May 4, 2015 Sweet Potato Hash May 4, 2015
- May 4, 2015 A few of my favorite clean recipes May 4, 2015
- May 4, 2015 Eating the right foods! and SLOW Down. May 4, 2015
- April 2015